Protection of privacy through our members
At this website, we deal with personal data, connections between people who are related and between friends. Every member must decide on their own which data is to be made publicly available to others. These are things to consider to ensure that the service can be used anonymously if required:
- It all starts with the selection of a user name. A name very similar to the own name should be avoided if you want to remain anonymous.
- We display birth place and home place to others if you have entered them. If you don't want this information to be publicly available, simply leave those fields empty.
- Even your gender can be left as unknown if you don't want anybody to see it.
- To protect the privacy, we will not display now living persons you enter to others, except they also become members and have decided to allow the publication of their data to others. Do not reveal the identity of others by posting something about them at our website.
- We will not display any persons, who were born within the last 125 years, except if descendants enter information about the deaths. Please never enter information about death or burials unless you want that information to be displayed to others.
- We offer our members the possibility to upload a profile photo. If you don't want anyone to see you, don't upload any photo.
Content of our website
Our website will be filled by data mainly through our members. We can not guarantee that the entered data is correct, complete or up to date. We provide a service and take responsibility for what we enter, but for content entered by our members, each member is responsible. We are not required to continously monitor entered data for content that may be in conflict with applicable laws. If we are informed by members about problematic content, we will with high priority ensure that it will be removed.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to external websites. We take no responsibility for the contents of those websites. That responsibility lies with the providers of the other websites. If you detect any problematic link, please inform us and we will remove it as soon as possible.
We are responsible for the contents we provide through our website, but as we allow our members to upload content, such as photos, the members will be held responsible for any uploaded content. We are in no position to monitor all uploaded material for copyright violations. If a member reports a copyright violation to us, we will ensure to remove the content promptly.
Protection of personal data
Users of our website must identify themselves to us. We collect only absolutely necessary data. The data entered will only be passed on to others if a member gives the consent through the display settings. Data about other living persons, entered by a member will remain private and can't be passed on to others. Data about deceased persons entered through family tree structures will become visible to others, to make it possible to make connections with other members. If incorrectly entered data makes data of living persons visible, please immediately notify us and we will with highest priority remove the data.
Encryption of data
When transmitting data over the internet, some data may be scanned by others. It is because of this not possible for us to guarantee that data may be scanned by others. This is especially the case for Emails, the communication between our members and our website is encrypted (SSL), to ensure that critical data, such as passwords and personal data will remain safe.
For mail addresses published at our website, we are not giving any permission to allow anybody to send us mails for any purpose. We may take legal actions to guard us against spam mails.
Integration with Facebook
We make use of the so called „Like-Button“ at our website.
Integration with Twitter
We make use of the so called „Tweet-Button“ at our website.
Integration with Google
We use Google Maps to display places on a map and also retrieve geographical coordinates from Google. Google Analytics is used to collect statistics anonymously about the use of the website.